Creating a no-compromise, enterprise-class storage solution.
SGI NAS is an enterprise-class, open storage, scalable, modular NAS/SAN solution that is integrated with SGI MIS hardware. This configuration provides a no-compromise, open storage solution with:
- Hybrid Storage Pool for cost-effective high performance
- Compressions & Deduplication
- Unlimited filesize & snapshots
- Synchronous and Asynchronous replication
- End-to-end 256-bit checksummed to find and correct bit rot
- Scalable from 50TB to 3PB with the same system
SGI Modular InfiniteStorage (MIS) provides a high-density storage and compute platform that includes the SGI MIS Server and the SGI MIS JBOD.
SGI InfiniteStorage Servers:
The SGI MIS Server is a breakthrough storage server platform that delivers extreme density by packaging up to two motherboards together with up to 72 3.5” SAS or SATA drives or 144 2.5” SAS or SSD drives within a single 4U, chassis. Each of the two compute engines in SGI MIS Server provides dual socket capability
SGI MIS JBOD:
A high-density expansion storage platform designed for maximum flexibility and the ability to be tuned to specific customer requirements. Whether as a standalone dense JBOD solution, or combined with the SGI MIS Server, SGI MIS JBOD provides flexibility while significantly reducing storage requirements to accommodate rapidly expanding data needs.
With Linux®, Microsoft Windows™, and VMware compatibility, these platforms provide flexible, cost-effective solutions for a wide range of applications that have tightly coupled compute and storage requirements. These include:
- Web and Media Servers
- Video post-production and streaming
- Engineering Design (CAD) and Software Repositories
- Home Directories and Shares
- Corporate Document Repositories
- Database and Email Servers, including Oracle™, MySQ, Microsoft SQL, and Microsoft Exchange
- Public and private cloud deployments